- Recruit and select the most qualified applicants for admission, with special efforts aimed at minority students.
- Reduce financial barriers for the participation of qualified students in the educational programs of the dental school.
- Recruit and retain the highest caliber faculty, with efforts aimed at minority faculty recruitment and retention.
- Promote further development of faculty teaching, research and community service skills and the use of advanced technology.
- Provide opportunities for faculty enrichment, scholarship, and creative expression.
- Prepare dentists who possess the knowledge, skills and values to begin the practice of general dentistry.
- Prepare clinically proficient specialists who possess the knowledge, skills and values to begin specialty practice.
- Provide a predoctoral curriculum which:
Expand the integration of dental educational programs with other programs within the University and other institutions.
Increase emphasis on the preparation of generalists.
Provide high quality continuing dental education.
- is contemporary based;
- provides community-based experiences;
- integrates basic, clinical and social sciences;
- effectively utilizes curriculum time; and
- is flexible, maximizes student program completion, and allows
- for enriched educational experiences
- Contribute to the broad body of basic and applied knowledge related to oral and systemic health.
- Provide opportunities for the continuous development of faculty in research.
- Train investigators capable of independent scholarship, creative expression and critical thinking.
- Provide the opportunity for students to participate in research.
- Enhance the local, state, national and international stature of the dental school through leadership and collaboration in research.
- Foster the exchange of ideas and influence future trends in health care by participating in local, state, national and international professional organizations.
- Focus and strengthen our research capabilities, resources and levels of activity.
E. Patient Care
- Provide quality comprehensive care through predoctoral, postdoctoral, faculty practice and outreach programs to patients of all means and backgrounds.
- Provide patient care environments which are responsive to the public.
- Provide referral centers which serve as professional resources to practitioners and offer tertiary care to patients with complex treatment needs.
F. Community Service
- Promote oral health in New Jersey through education and delivery of services.
- Advocate for resources to promote health in New Jersey.
- Strengthen communication and understanding between the community and the dental school.