Frequently Asked Questions
- How often may I participate in Community
As often as you like. Some programs will be first come-first serve
- Do you get more credit for programs that require more time
Yes-- For example, one afternoon at Special Olympics satisfies the
on-site time requirement in addition to completing the other forms.
- What course will I receive volunteer credit
Credit hours will count in Clinical Dentistry 1 & 2 for Freshmen
and Sophomores, and Prevention 1 & 2 for Juniors and Seniors,
- Where do I pick up the necessary supplies for the
If approved, Room B856.
- If more than one student is requesting or participating in
the same event, does each student complete separate forms?
Yes, each student must submit his/her own Student Community Service
Application Form, Event Contact Person Authorization Form, Reflection
and Credit Time Form. ONLY ONE COMMUNITY HEALTHY OUTREACH SUMMARY FORM
SHOULD BE SUBMITTED PER EVENT.
- When will I know whether the proposed contact is
Within 14 days.
- How many students are able to be at each site?
Depends on the program. That will be predetermined by Deb
- If a friend and I want to volunteer together is that
Yes, if approved.
- Is there a specific outline or format for an educational
program that I must follow?
No, you will create and develop a program based on your audience.
- If the event occurs during clinic time, do I need to make
any arrangements or receive clinic approval?
Yes, you need
to get Dr. Michael Conte’s approval and signature on the Sudent
Community Service Application Form.