NJDS Community Service Procedures
Procedures for community service credits
- Student workers must fill out and submit Student Community Service Application Form. It must be submitted electronically. (The forms are available at the website).
- Within 2 weeks, status of your completed Application Form will be e-mailed to you from Deb Goldsmith.
- If your activity is approved, you will receive email confirmation of approval and two attached forms (Event Contact Person Authorization Form and Community Service Photo Consent Form). The event contact person must complete the form atthe time of your activity. If you have a digital camera, we request that you bring it to the event and email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org; or if you have a disposable camera please bring in camera to Deb Goldsmith in B849. The UMDNJ Photo Consent Form must be signed and completed by subjects in your submitted photos. We think that it will be fun to see all your wonderful faces on our photo page.
- Submit the completed Event Contact Person Authorization Form to Deb Goldsmith in Room B849 within three days after the completion of the event.
- Within two weeks after the event, the Reflection and Credit Time Form and the Community Health Outreach Summary Form must be completed and submitted online. Email your outline or power point presentation to email@example.com. You will receive # of credits earned within 2 weeks.
- If you do not take the opportunity to complete your volunteer credits you will be required to write a 5 page paper on a topic of Prof. Goldsmith’s choice.
- Service for any specific event will be on a first come- first serve basis.
- Reimbursement for any expenses will not be allowed unless it is authorized before the event.
- Student volunteers who are providing dental screening or treatment must be supervised by a licensed dentist faculty member.
- Student workers do not need faculty supervision for oral health education, but will need a contact person that has been approved by Deb Goldsmith.
To receive community service credits: Go to forms link (see above)