Adult Screening Department of
Michael Conte, DMD,
MPH, Associate Dean Clinical Affairs
August Pellegrini, DDS, Assistant Dean, Clinical Affairs
110 Bergen Street
Newark, New Jersey 07103
HOURS OF OPERATION BY APPOINTMENT
The screening department of the New Jersey Dental School is your first stop in becoming a patient here.
Appointments may be made by phone, however, you may experience delays due to the high call volume. Please use the email address as an alternative to request appointments. When using email, please provide your name and phone number, and an administrative assistant will call you to set up the appointment.
Upon your arrival, you will be asked to complete a medical history and
personal information form and then will be registered by the administrative
Your screening will include a visual evaluation and either a full mouth set of individual x-rays or a single panoramic x-ray. The faculty dentist evaluating you will make that decision. The fee for this service is $55.
In Order to make your visit as rewarding as possible, please be aware of the following conditions:
- Your screening visit can take up to 4 hours to complete, so please arrive promptly and devote enough time.
- It can take up to 8 weeks, and sometimes longer, for you to be
assigned to a dental student for treatment. The amount of time depends on
various times of the year and student availability.
- The faculty dentist evaluating you may consider your case too complex for our undergraduate clinic. In this case, you will be referred to our post-graduate clinics. The residents here have completed their general dental training and are in the process of obtaining specialty degrees. The fees charged in the post-graduate clinics are higher than in the undergraduate clinic.
- If you present with severe medical complications, you may be asked to have your physician complete a clearance for dental treatment form before treatment can continue. This form will be provided to you.
- The dental school does not provide parking